Museum of Western Colorado In Print
We often receive photo requests from websites, magazines and newspapers. Some publications write about special events like our Two Rivers Chautauqua or summer camp. Other publications feature family vacations – What to do locally? What to do on a shoestring? We once had a request from Poland for a parents’ magazine which was featuring unique family holidays (vacations) all over the world. They included our dinosaur digs.
Most recently we had a request from a book publisher for a children’s book called Rocky’s Outdoor Adventure, A Story About Colorado. It’s about Rocky, a Bighorn Sheep, who loves sports and the outdoors. While skateboarding he hears of an Ultimate Sports Challenge that includes hiking, biking, white water rafting, skiing, snowshoeing and rock climbing throughout Colorado. It starts in Denver and then heads west, south and east before ending at Pike’s Peak. He needs to have his picture taken at each destination as proof that he was there and he meets new friends who help him along the way. There is a page at the back that talks about other things to do in Colorado and the Museum of Western Colorado will be on that page.
Other books in the series are:
• Bea on Broadway: A Story About New York
• Griz Finds Gold: A Story About California
• The Lonesome Star: A Story About Texas
• The Lucky Buckeye: A Story About Ohio
• Pizza Pie in the Sky: A Story About Illinois
• The Sunshine Champs: A Story About Florida
• Buster’s Trip to Cape Cod: A Story About Massachusetts
• Frenchy’s Float: A Story About Louisiana
• The Great Lei Race: A Story About Hawaii
• Leaping Lily: A Story About Georgia
• Monty’s Ice Pick: A Story About Alaska
• Rupert and the Liberty Bell: A Story About Pennsylvania
Rocky’s Outdoor Adventure, A Story About Colorado will be out early 2011 and will be available at amazon.com and other booksellers. We’ll post again when we have more information on it!