Local Lore – Loma School Now a Home

Built in 1910, the old Loma School building, located at 1345 13 Road in Loma, housed students grades one through eight. It was a two-story building, with four classrooms per floor. The lower grades had class on the first floor and the higher grades had class on the second floor.

The school had two outhouses in the back for both boys and girls. In the front sat a swing set made of steel. The back south side of the school had another swing set and a merry-go-round. Today, this playground still sits on a beautiful lawn, landscaped with flowers and trees that are at least 100 years old…

Read more of the November Local Lore here. Thanks to the Beacon Magazine for sharing.


Leave a Reply